Commercial Building Details
People's Park Centre (Simplified Chinese: 珍珠大厦) is a 99-year leasehold, medium-sized, mixed-development shopping centre which features four floors of retail shopping, and a pair of towers for office space and residential usage. The shopping space houses a wide variety of retailers dealing in Chinese handicrafts and a large array of Chinese-oriented travel agencies.
The main tower, reaching thirteen floors, hosts many of Singapore's law firms, probably due to its' close proximity to the Singapore subordinate court. The residential space and some offices are hosted within the smaller tower, which is linked through the fifth floor where the management office is located.
Commercial Building Location
People’s Park Centre is conveniently near to Outram, Chinatown and Clark Quay Mrt stations. For vehicle owners, driving from People's Park Centre to either the business hub or the vibrant Orchard Road shopping district takes below 10 minutes, via Pickering Street and Havelock Road respectively. Major expressways such as CTE allow drivers easy access to any part of Singapore. There are also several bus stops nearby for public commuters.
MON-FRI before 5 PM: $1.20 per 1/2hr from 7am to 5pm
MON-FRI after 5 PM: $2.00/entry from 5pm to 7am the following day
SAT: Charges same as weekdays
SUN / PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: $3/entry from 7am to 7am the following day
Season parking: $160.00/mth, $450.00/quarterly + $20.00 Admin fee
Nearby mega malls like OG Building, Chinatown Point, Lucky Chinatown, Riverside Point, China Square Central, Central and Far East Square as well as many more others which have a myriad of amenities like eateries, retail shops, supermarkets and banks. There are also nearby restaurants along Eu Tong Seng Street, New Bridge Road and Mosque Street.
The nearest supermarkets are Sheng Siong at Chin Swee Road, Cold Storage at China Square Central and NTUC Fairprice at Tanjong Pagar Plaza. Fort Canning Park and the nightlife district of Clarke Quay are also minutes walk to reach or commuters may take a train ride at Chinatown MRT station , which also connects neighboring shopping centre - People’s Park Complex.
For medical consult, you can go to General Practitioner clinics in the area, Outram Polyclinic, Singapore General Hospital, National Cancer Centre and Singapore National Eye Centre.
The nearest educational institutions are Zhang De Primary School, River Valley Primary School, Outram Secondary School, Singapore Management University, Raffles Academy, and LaSalle Arts College.
People’s Park Centre is definitely a highly sought after commercial building due to its strategic location and the myriad of facilities that is nearby. For more details, please contact the relevant personnel.
Did You Know About Pearl's Hill ?
1. in 1822, Lieutenant James Pearl bought over Pearl Hill and named it Mount Stamford after Sir Stamford Raffles. He sold this hill back to the colonial government when he left Singapore and since then it was named Pearl's Hill.
2. The former CID Headquarters and former Police Operational Headquarters here were called the Upper and Lower Barracks built for the Straits Settlements Police's (SSP) Sikh's Contingent back in 1930s. SSP disbanded back in 1946. After 1965 independence, it became the buildings for Ministry of Interior and Defence.
3. Police Security Branch was formed to ensure the security of the President, Prime Minister and Cabinet ministers since 1953. Their Operations was based in one colonial bungalow at Pearl's Hill Terrace since 1965.
4. At Pearl's Hill Terrace, there's a 12 storey apartment which used to house personnel of the police force who were stationed at the former CID Headquarters and former Police Operational Headquarters. After 2007, it was mainly rented out to students and expats.
5. Pearl's Hill Reservoir is one of the oldest reservoirs in Singapore and has been serving Chinatown estate since 1904. It is located at the peak of Pearl's Hill City Park.
6. Other symbolic buildings that once stood on Pearl's Hill include Seamen's Hospital (1845), Tan Tock Seng Hospital (1844), Pearl's Hill School (1881) and Pearl's Hill Prison (1847)